The challenge was to remix Me Sew Crazy's "Spring Fever Dress".
When I saw the bib detail I thought of a tulip, which is pretty much Spring's official flower, I think. Perfect!
I applied bleach to the top edges of the tulip to lighten it. I did some hand sewn top stitching around the edges of the bodice with embroidery floss.
The top tier of the bubble skirt is in a mock-wrap, with the stem of the tulip running along it's edge.
I used the same slit opening as the original Spring Fever Dress, put fastened it with a snap at the top, creating a peek-a-boo effect.
I'm pleased with the overall design, but I wish I would have had more time to make a really polished product. I think it would be cool to try out different flowers for the bib detail.
In any case, my girly has an Easter dress! I'm almost glad I didn't have more time to finish it, she will likely stain it in 5 seconds. White isn't a terribly practical fabric to put on a toddler.